A few moments after I posted my last entry, my mother called and told me to come to the nursing home right away. I arrived at her side a few minutes later and was privileged to watch my Grandmother enter into eternity at 2:38 p.m. It was very peaceful. I'm still processing what I have witnessed and all I can say right now is that it was powerful to watch my Grandmother take her last breath and go to her Lord and Savior. We are so grateful (and relieved) that her suffering is over and she is now "standing forever in the light of His amazing grace."
I'm also grateful that I had the opportunity to tell my Grandmother how much I love her and how much she has meant to my life. Too often we wait until someone is gone to express our true feelings about them, perhaps because we don't realize what we had until it is gone, or perhaps it is just pride. It really is important to express our love for others while we have the chance. No fear. No regrets. Just love.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His godly ones."
Psalm 116:15
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment