It's been a busy few weeks since I last posted. Thankfully, my grandmother's funeral was peaceful and well attended. We enjoyed seeing all of our family from Arkansas and Oklahoma. I've posted pictures of the family in my photo album (link at right).
I hadn't visited my grandfather's grave in the Fort Smith national cemetery. He has a nice location, just near the monument at the front of the cemetery. As I was walking away from his grave I noticed at the end of his row there was a new headstone. I paused to read it and realized it was the grave of a solider killed in Iraq last month. The young man was younger than I am. Once again I contemplated how fragile life is.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers. It's difficult letting go of loved ones but we know that when they are children of God, they are at peace in His presence.
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment