Friday, January 30, 2004

Phone Envy

Have you heard of this phenomenon? It is a problem plaguing my friends and family right now. Phone Envy! As most of you know, just after Christmas I finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a cell phone. I had resisted the ever-increasing societal pressure to become always-accessible but finally succumbed to the pressure after having some car trouble and wishing I could call my Dad for help.

So I stopped by the Verizon booth in the mall and joined my parents' cell phone plan. It just so happened that at that moment Verizon was offering a special on a top-of-the-line phone. For $20 I got a Motorola cell phone valued at $300. Yes, it was an awesome deal. And the phone has all sorts of features: voice activated dialing, a daily planner, individual ring tones, excellent reception, and, best of all, a speakerphone! Yes, I can drive down the road talking on my phone without ever touching it! And the phone has a sleek, bullet-like, design that is just perfect.

As soon as I brought the phone home, Mom and Dad started eyeing it with envy. And now the joke in the family is that everyone has phone envy. What can I say? God blessed me with a really cool phone! I hope that I don't grow so attached that I won't be able to give it up for another one!

Another wonderful feature is the alarm clock on the phone. Two days this week the electricity went out (it's been very windy and stormy) so my standard alarm clock didn't go off. Fortunately, my cell phone (with battery) woke me up in time for work both days. How cool is that?! I'm afraid I may grow too attached to this little phone!
Give me a call if you have a chance!

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/v60p/flash/360_degrees.shtml

No comments: