I just returned from a busy weekend at the California Republican Assembly convention in Ontario. The members of the CRA truly are the heart and soul of the party. Without their influence, I fear the party would find itself even further adrift from our core principles. Although conservatives' influence has dwindled in the California Republican Party, I hope that we will soon see a resurgence of those who share the beliefs of the CRA.
This CRA convention was particularly special for me not only because it was my first to attend, but because I officially became a CRA board member. As the Senate District Director for the 6th District (Sacramento), I look forward to helping build the conservative base by assisting the CRA units in my area. At times it can seem daunting, this task of finding true conservatives and then motivating them to action. But in the end, the preservation of our Republic, and the liberty we take for granted, is worth every minute spent.
It was wonderful to see some dear old friends at the convention, including my "political mother", Robyn Nordell. I also had the pleasure of meeting fellow Texan, and presidential candidate, Congressman Ron Paul. What an honor to be a part of the "vast right wing conspiracy"!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment