Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Unintended Consequences

This headline reminded me of a similar story from last year. With all the dangerous chemicals they put in our toiletries, food, etc., it's no wonder that we get all sorts of health abnormalities.

As I was doing some research on AB 16 (the mandatory HPV vaccination) today, I came across some interesting research. Apparently legislators in Virginia put a no-liability clause in their proposed legislation because there's grave concerns about whether the vaccine will cause infertility in vaccinated women. Why are lawmakers concerned? "Legislators got that idea because the vaccine contains Polysorbate 80, which is linked to infertility in mice. The Merck HPV vaccine also contains sodium borate which is a common roach killer in each of its three doses. " At least Virginia is trying to cover itself for all those future law suits...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you talk about all this depressing stuff? Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss?" Listen, everything is fine and people are honest and nothing is wrong in this world. Got that? I want to see positive, Feeler-friendly articles from now on. Thank you.