Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday Shopping

I find it so ironic that when you go shopping for one particular item, you end up finding several items--even if you didn't need the others. But when you don't need anything, and you're under pressure to find something, you can't find a single item! When you have to spend money, it's harder than when you don't want to. This happened to me today.

Last week JC Penney's graciously sent me a $10.00 coupon to use at their store. So I made my way through the Christmas-shopping crowds at the mall to use my coupon before it expired Christmas Eve. Although this is a fun time of year to mingle with the festive crowds, it can also be the most frustrating time of year because of traffic, short-tempers and long lines.

I had that frustrating experience of not being able to decide upon one single item to purchase with my coupon. I wandered the store for 2 hours trying to find something-anything-that I could buy either for myself or my family. I ended up getting a cute sweater but instead of that euphoric feeling of finding a good deal, I felt like I'd wasted 2 hours of my life. Oh well. At least I can now say that I was part of the madness that is pre-Christmas shopping.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: