Friday, September 24, 2004

Aerial View

Travel Incentives, the company I work for, is hosting a group for the first time in CdA! We sold the trip to a Phoenix newspaper a year ago and have anxiously looked forward to showcasing our home town. It's been fun showing the group around downtown and recommending places to eat and visit for sightseeing. On each trip that TI organizes, we offer several activities for the guests. On this particular trip the participants could golf at our world-famous golf course, fish on Lake CdA, go horseback riding, get a massage, or go on a floatplane tour of Lake CdA. Fortunately for me, there was space on the floatplane for me to hop on. :-)

So today I got to take a floatplane tour of CdA. I've always wanted to take the tour but you know how it is when you live in a tourist area, you're so busy with life that you never do the "touristy" things. So, finally, after 5 years of living in North Idaho, I got to take an aerial tour of the lake. Every day I watch and hear the floatplane as it flies by or over our house on Gotham Bay. And during the summer when we attend concerts in the park it's fun to watch the floatplane as it drifts just over your head on its way to a soft landing in the water below.

During the tour we passed my house and as we did, the pilot told us that the bay just opposite of us, Micah Bay, is the most beautiful part of the lake. I'd agree with that! :-) It was so interesting to see my world from such a different perspective. I saw several of our friends' houses and the City of Harrison, my mailing address. It was also interesting to see the response from the Phoenix guests; they LOVED the floatplane tour and, mostly due to the fantastic weather during their trip, they fell in love with the area.

I took some pictures while we were in the air and I hope to post them sometime soon. Now every time that floatplane flies over the house I'll remember my special flight...

No comments: