Monday, January 02, 2006

It's a Gamble

This weekend I started off the new year as a true American: I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em. I've wanted to learn to play for a while (as a Texan, I felt the need). For Christmas I got a card set and a hand-held electronic game. I spent New Year's Eve at a friend's house and was pleased to learn that they are avid poker players. So I learned to play Texas Hold 'Em. It was a lot of fun and even though I didn't know what I was doing at the beginning, I ended up winning the game. Now I just need to watch all the poker games on tv to learn strategy.

Then on New Year's Day our parish had a get-together and played a rip-roaring game of Bunco. Bunco is a very fast-paced game and consists solely of rolling 3 dice. The best part is that you constantly move around to different tables and have different partners. I'm not sure what kind of an omen it is to begin the new year gambling so much but perhaps this yearI'll hit the jackpot. :-)

No comments: