What words can I share to comfort my fellow Texans after our heartbreaking loss? Not only were we beaten by our arch rival, the Red River Shootout turned into the Red River Shutout. Oh the agony of defeat.
As y'all know, I am a Texan first and foremost. While I occasionally root for my parents' alma mater, I will always side with my homeland. Tensions can run high in the Turney home during the football season and no game is more important than the Red River Shootout. To make matters worse, I have agreed to attend the OU/Kansas State game in two weeks. Despite the defeat, I will enter that Stadium with my Texan head held high. Maybe I should wear my UT sweatshirt just to spite those Sooners. Nah, one brain injury is enough for me right now.
Cheer up, my fellow Texans. Bevo, sharpen your horns. Next year we will mow down that Sooner Schooner!
2 comments:
I don't think Nathan shares your sorrow. He isn't even feeling sorry for us Huskers! I think he considers it our just dessert after pounding them 70 to something back in the day. Sooners are such cold blooded people. [wink, jk]
~Alison
Nathan is one of my favorite people in the world but when it comes to football, we stand on opposing sides of an unbridgeable ravine. ;-)
Because my entire family are Sooners, I'm sometimes coerced into rooting for OU. Yes, they can be cold-blooded. My aunt called from Norman yesterday and sang Boomer Sooner as soon as the game was over. Talk about rubbing it in!
Post a Comment