I think posting this blog is still timely considering the Friends Finale was less than a week ago. AND I've been pretty sick so I haven't had the mental energy to post any entries in this inert blog.
Anyway, I just had to post a comment about the end of one of my favorite shows, Friends. I must say that it definitely was not one of the best episodes of Friends but it managed to maintain its characteristic wit and hilarity without becoming too morose about its impending conclusion. In fact, the finale left you feeling like it was just another episode. It's almost as if I expect to turn on the tv tomorrow night and see a new episode with all the familiar faces and humor.
The ending did provide the closure faithful viewers sought. We all knew that Rachel and Ross were meant for each other and the moment they finally expressed their eternal love for each other was the climax we all anticipated. I think we all would have been devastated had not Ross and Rachel ultimately committed to one another.
In my opinion the best part of the show was the final scene. Showing all 6 of the apartment keys on the counter was a great way to illustrate the closure we all felt. And I loved the final two lines: "Want to get some coffee?" to which Chandler replied: "Where?"
Fantastic! I'll miss you, Friends! But at least you'll live on in syndication for years to come...
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment