Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Wallpaper

I wonder what kind of wallpaper other people have on their computers. My boss has a beautiful picture of what I'm certain is a New England road lined with gorgeous trees shedding their brilliant orange, red and yellow leaves. It looks like something from the movie, Anne of Green Gables. I chose this picture from the Microsoft gallery when I first set up his computer a year ago. I know some people rarely change their wallpaper. I showed my co-worker how to make wallpaper by right clicking on an internet picture and setting it as wallpaper or background. She seems to prefer actual wallpaper prints: florals, stripes, etc. My parents have a breath-taking picture of a summer sunset taken from our back porch with a Bible verse I superimposed on the picture. Chase's wallpaper changes weekly. It usually includes the latest punk band or the hottest surfer.

I, on the other hand, have always preferred to be greeted by the face of an attractive member of the opposite sex. :-) David Duchovny, Harrison Ford, Brad Paisley and Colin Firth have all graced my computer screen with their handsome faces. Just yesterday I replaced Orlando Bloom with Adam Brody. The problem is, the Adam Brody picture is so big that it takes up the entire screen. It's kinda' creepy because his face is almost life-size! I think I'll have to change the picture to something smaller. Sometimes I have pictures of family and Gladys but I don't have many pictures of my family on my work computer and it's too sad to have a picture of Gladys looking at me everyday.

My home laptop wallpaper features the Clark Family boys. The wallpaper used to be the famous picture of two firemen raising the American flag over the wreckage of the World Trade Center. After a while, I decided I needed something more lighthearted. So now the Clark Boys greet me each time I turn on the laptop. But they've been greeting me for a while so I think it's time for a change. The tough decision is who will replace them. Any suggestions?

No comments: