Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Travesty!

Talk about an entertainment-packed evening! Last night's CMAs featured some great performances by country's all-stars. Brad sang a stripped-down version of his latest single, "When I Get Where I'm Goin'". I was disappointed that Dolly Parton didn't join him on stage for their duet but she did sing a duet with Elton John later in the show.

I can't get over the fact that Brad, the most-nominated artist at this year's award show, walked away empty-handed! The only category where I wasn't rooting for him was song of the year. The first time I heard "I May Hate Myself in the Morning" by Leeane Wolmack I said "that song should be song of the year" -- it's that amazing. But in every other category I was obviously hoping Brad would win.

The closest Brad came to winning an award was for Song of the Year, which was awarded to "Whiskey Lullaby", Brad's hit single from Mud on the Tires. However, Brad didn't write the song so he did not actually receive an award. Although I thought "I May Hate Myself in the Morning" was the best song of the year, I'm happy it at least won Single of the Year and "Whiskey Lullaby" also won an award.

I am happy for Keith Urban and all his wins. And Rascal Flatts deserved yet another award for Group of the Year. So the evening wasn't a total loss but I hope the CMAs will remember next year that Brad is the best country artist out there. :-)

No comments: