Last week on The Daily Show Jon Stewart interviewed a journalist who had just written an article on Patrick Henry College for the New Yorker. You can watch the interview online at the Daily Show's web site. Just click on the Hannah Rosin clip.
I enjoyed the interview because it's always interesting to see how others from differing viewpoints perceive your circle. I think it's fair to say that Hannah is apparently a liberal and Jon is at least libertarian with liberal leanings. It was funny to watch one liberal try to explain to another liberal this odd world of homeschoolers (weird!) with political ambitions (even weirder!) who are already influencing top levels of the government (weirdness abounds!).
One thing I respect about Jon Stewart is that he does a good job of being pretty fair to all his guests, regardless of their political affiliations, and he brings humor into even the most acrimonious debates. Overall, not a bad interview. However, I have not yet read the article in the New Yorker so we'll see how fair and balanced Hannah Rosin is.
One thing that really pleased me (and surprised Jon Stewart) is that Hannah found that Patrick Henry College students love the Daily Show! Yes! I'm not the only homeschooler who loves this wickedly funny satire!
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment