Monday, January 10, 2005

Don't Mess with Texas

You know what I just realized?! I forgot to post a blog congratulating my team on their recent triumph! So, although belated, congratulations to my beloved UT Longhorns on your victory in the Rose Bowl. Y'all put Michigan to shame and brought honor to our homeland.

I try not to gloat but sometimes it's hard. Last week I was having lunch with some friends when a guy walked in wearing a Michigan jacket. It took all my strength to resist the urge to flash him the hook 'em horns. I'm usually not that cruel...

I'm still consoling Dad and Mom on their humiliating loss in the Orange Bowl. And Dad was so excited about winning that game. Oh well, OU, next year don't spend a week partying before the game and you'll have a better chance at winning. Okay, I am that cruel...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Unfortunately (or probably fortunately) I didn't watch the infamous Lambeau meltdown. I'm very disappointed but to put things in perspective, the Pack had a good season.

Brett Favre is such an inspiration to me -- even when he throws 4 interceptions he puts them behind him and focuses on the next touchdown. If you get a chance, check out the NFL Channel's special on Brett: Brett Favre 4ever. It's a fantastic biography with interviews from those who have worked with him. I hope that Brett comes back for another season but it's understandable if he decides to leave considering all the turmoil in his family right now.

All I can say is I'm optimistic the Packers will have a much better season in 2005...