Well, we had our first snow of the season this weekend. For days the weather forecasters terrorized the public with warnings that a HUGE winter storm was coming our way and we'd all be snowed-in under a foot of the white stuff. As usual, the forecasters were way off and we ended up with about 2 inches. But regardless of how deep the snow is, it's still a beautiful sight to look out the window and see a white blanket covering the trees. As I write this entry the snow is swirling outside my window. I love watching it snow -- it's like watching millions of feathers or cotton balls flying through the air.
In preparation for the prophesied blizzard we rented two movies: Luther and Elf.
Luther is a fantastic movie about the life of Martin Luther and the impact of his reformation. Last spring World Magazine highly recommended the film and I must do the same. It's rare to find a movie about the Christian faith that is such high-quality. Definitely check it out.
Elf is a fun flick featuring the hilarious Will Ferrell. He can play the most ridiculous characters that are unforgettable. Despite the far-fetched premise the movie is worth seeing. It has some truly memorable one-liners. Will Ferrell was brilliant on SNL and he's equally funny in Elf. So if you're in the mood for a funny holiday family flick, Elf is a solid pick. (Although I must say that my favorite holiday comedy is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Watching it is an annual tradition in the Turney home.)
Monday, December 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I'm so envious! I love snow. I miss the beautiful winters of Virginia. I miss going to sleep with blearly grey and brown covering the earth and waking up to a winter wonderland of white glory! Sigh . . .
Post a Comment