During the past two months or so I've been noticing all of the yellow ribbon stickers on cars in the area. The numbers seem to keep growing with every passing day. Maybe it's just my part of the country, but it seems like every other car has a yellow ribbon sticker that says "Support our Troops" (or some message to that effect).
During the first Gulf War I wore a yellow ribbon every day to show my support of our troops. So when I saw everyone with the yellow ribbon stickers I just had to have one. When Aunt Stephanie, Mom and I were out wine tasting last weekend I kept mentioning how impressed I was with the yellow ribbon car stickers and how I really wanted to find one for my car.
On Friday Mom came home from shopping and announced that she had something for me. She produced a yellow ribbon car magnet that said "Support Our Troops" on it. I was so excited! Then on Sunday I saw Aunt Stephanie and she said that she had something for me. She produced a yellow ribbon car magnet that said "We Salute Our Troops". My Mom and Aunt are so thoughtful. :-)
I decided that even though I could place both ribbons on my car, it would be better to share the love so I put the "Support our Troops" magnet on my car and the "We Salute our Troops" magnet on Dad's car. Now we can proudly share our support for our troops as we drive around town. (And I no longer have to covet others' yellow ribbons.) :-)
Monday, November 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment