So during my recent visit to the Big Apple Mom told us she had heard of this really good, world famous bakery that she wanted to visit. Apparently Magnolia's Bakery makes the best cupcakes on earth. The shop is just a tiny little store front in a quaint west village neighborhood. The bakery was so crowded that you actually have to wait in line to get in and order. After eating two of the delicious cupcakes, I agree that Magnolia's Baker deserves the title of best cupcakes in the world--they are very yummy.
As we were sitting in a nearby park consuming these delights, I suddenly recalled an SNL skit that had been huge last year. I didn't actually see the episode that featured the skit, but I'd heard so much buzz about the "Lazy Sunday" skit that I'd watched it online. I suddenly realized that I was eating the cupcakes rapped (and raved) about in the "Lazy Sunday" skit! You'd think that I would have remembered the bakery considering that the cupcakes are a major part of the skit. Mom lead us to a happenin' place and I had to enlighten her as to the "hippness" of this SNL featured hot spot. Pretty cool!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment