Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Brad Day

For the past few weeks, my friends and co-workers have been referring to May 7th as "Brad Day" because, at least every hour, I reminded them that I was going to see Brad Paisley in concert. Just a few days after I arrived in Sacramento, I heard on the radio that Brad would be appearing in concert at the Stockton Arena, just south of Sacramento. So of course I had to purchase tickets. And ever since then I've been anxiously awating the arrival of the Time Well Wasted Tour.

I asked Karen to accompany me to the concert because I wanted someone who would be a ton of fun but also restrain me when I saw Brad. My candidate, Jerry, even pleaded with me not to do anything "that will get you on the front page of the paper." I told him that when it comes to Brad, I make no promises. Fortunately, I was sufficiently restrained and no front page headlines were generated.

Karen and I arrived a little early for the concert and as we walked by the tour buses, we saw Sara Evans playing with her children. I was too busy looking for Brad to say anything to Sara.

The concert was awesome. Josh Turner was fantastic. His baritone is so deep and rich that the building would shake when he hit those low notes. It was fun to see his wife playing in his band, too.

Sara Evans is just as cute in person as she appears on television. The guys went crazy for her but her female funs are just as devoted.

Then the big moment arrived for my man to entertain the crowd. Brad was, as usual, amazing. He has grown to comfortable on stage and he's able to "play" with the crowd--even a huge auditorium of fans. I marveled at how when I first became a fan of Brad back in 1999, he was playing to crowds of a few hundred at the most. Now, he's on a huge tour, playing to thousands each night. I'm amazed at how much he's grown as an artist. And I'm so happy for all his success. It was just a matter of time before he was "discovered" by the rest of country music fans.

And, as usual, Brad left me wanting more. I can't wait until I see him in concert again!

No comments: