Friday, October 10, 2003

A Letter to Rush

Dear Rush,

Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. I so appreciate your candor with your loyal listeners. I've been listening to you since I was 12 years old (I'm now almost 24). I credit you with fostering my interest in politics at such an early age. All through junior and high school, college and law school, you have remained my faithful mentor on political and social issues. More than any other commentator, I respect your incisive analysis and unique perspective on breaking news and the affect of worldviews on history.

I also consider you my vocabulary guru! When I started listening to you 12 years ago, I began a journal of words. Every time you used a word I didn't know, I would research the defintion and write it in my journal. To this day, when I hear certain words, I can remember the first time I heard those words on your show.

When I was 17, I e-mailed you and told you that it was our 6th anniversary. I knew that you received thousands of e-mails everyday so I was shocked when I received an e-mail from Cookie telling me you had read mine!!! You graciously mailed me an autographed picture of yourself and signed it to me! This was the highlight of my year! I promised you then that I would place that autographed picture of you on my desk in the White House someday. Today I renew that promise. When I finally make it to the White House, I will proudly display that autographed picture of you.

If I were to write down all the things you have taught me, I would run out of time. You are an inspiration and I consider you my political and worldview mentor.

I love you and I'm praying for your quick recovery.

With much love,
Meredith Turney

No comments: